It may not feel like Winter is coming, but owing to the fading light we’ll be moving to the Winter Routes from 2nd September (there is no Club Run on Bank Holiday Monday, 26th August). The schedule of forthcoming routes can always be found on the Monday Run Schedule page and is usually posted on the website banner a day or so before the run takes place.
All Club Members are reminded of the following Safety guidelines:
- wear high-visibility clothing, and reflective items or lights when running with club in the Winter evenings; at first, as we head out it will still be light, but the evenings will draw in quickly and our Winter routes will often be along busy roads
- Ensure you have your ICE (In Case of Emergency) details, these should be easy to find (e.g. on a wristband)
- Learn the routes as best you can; do not rely on others who may be taking a different route to you; please adivse a Committee member if you become aware of any hazards on a route or if there are any problems with the route links which are published on the website
- Run together in groups where possible and do look out for other club members, especially anyone that is struggling on a run
- Please read the Safer Running Guide and encourage others to #RunSafe