The Teal Targets series is designed to bring BvH runners together at a race once each month and to reward participation and performance relative to your own ability. Each race a great opportunity to meet other Harriers, win individual and team prizes, support other races and promote the club; the series uses your Run Britain handicap and vSSS score to determine a winner for each race and overall series winners, presented at the club’s Awards Night (The Tealies) at the end of the year.
- Travel, warm up and race as a team which is fun and inspiring
- Meet more people in the club
- Good club turnout helps to promote the club
- More chance of winning team prizes
- Try races you wouldn’t have done otherwise
- Supporting other local clubs who put on races
- Opportunities for pub lunches or cafes after races!
We know we can’t possibly capture everybody’s favourite race but we try to put together a selection of races to target which will provide something for everyone – the chance for pbs (personal bests) and pbs (pub beverages), road, multi-terrain, local races, a chance to try something new etc.
The Teal Targets Race Series for 2020-21 is currently suspended in line with England Athletics guidance regarding Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
The 2019-20 Teal Targets winners were:
Midlands Road Relays – Jo Green
Leamington 10k – Mathilde Housley
Great Birmingham 10k – Shannon Oates
Wythall & Hollywood 10k – Nicola Simms
Wyre Forest Half Marathon – Lorna Al-Ani
Stratford Summer Six – Jaeda Goodman
Kenilworth Half Marathon – Rhian Littlewood
Great Birmingham Run (Half) – Sarah Selby
Midlands 5&7 mile XC – James Ashley
Sneyd Pudding Run – Kathryn Holliday
Centurion GP 5 – Conor Murphy
Stourbridge Stagger – Sara Hewison
Series Completion (6 events): Guy Marston, Kristy Mabbett, Jaeda Goodman, Stacey Marston, Jude Glynn
2019-20 Points League:
3rd place – Jude Glynn
2nd place – Guy Marston
Winner – Jaeda Goodman
SCORING and ELIGIBILTY
- Each runner’s best six events count towards the series
- All runners receive 2 points for racing in a Teal Target event
- The highest placed BvH runner (using RunBritain rankings scoring) gets 10 extra points, the second 9 points and so on.
In order to be eligible for the Teal Targets Club Championship:
- All entrants must have been a member of BvH in the preceding year.
- All entrants must have a valid RunBritain handicap score.
- All entrants must have their parkrun barcode linked to their RunBritain handicap
- All entrants must have completed five official RunBritain races in the 12 months prior to the Teal Target event they have entered.