The Teal Targets series is designed to bring BvH runners together at a race once each month and to reward participation and performance relative to your own ability. Each race a great opportunity to meet other Harriers, win individual and team prizes, support other races and promote the club; the series uses your Run Britain handicap and vSSS score to determine a winner for each race and overall series winners, presented at the club’s Awards Night (The Tealies) at the end of the year.
Photo courtesy of Graham Beale
- Get to travel, warm up and race as a team which is fun and inspiring
- Meet more people in the club
- Good club turnout helps to promote the club
- More chance of winning team prizes
- Try races you wouldn’t have done otherwise
- Supporting other local clubs who put on races
- Opportunities for pub lunches or cafes after races!
We know we can’t possibly capture everybody’s favourite race but we try to put together a selection of races to target which will provide something for everyone – the chance for pbs (personal bests) and pbs (pub beverages), road, multi-terrain, local races, a chance to try something new etc. etc.
2019/20 Teal Targets:
23rd March 19 – Midlands Road Relays (contact team managers, Jude Glynn and Simeon Whiting for entries)
7th April 19 – Leamington Regency 10k
26th May 19 – Great Birmingham 10k
23rd June 19 – Wythall & Hollywood 5&10k (10th Anniversary)
14th July 19 – Wyre Forest Half
10th August 19 – Stratford Summer 6
1st September 19 – Kenilworth Half Marathon
13th Oct 19 – Great Birmingham Run (Half Marathon)
16th Nov 19 – Midlands 5&7 XC (contact team managers, Rhian Littlewood and Ian Mackenzie for entries)
8th Dec 19 – Sneyd Pudding Run (5&10 mile)
Jan 20 – TBC
Feb 20 – TBC
The Teal Targets also count towards the Club Championship, which all BvH members are eligible to compete in.
The winners of the 2018/19 Teal Targets were:
Midlands Road Relays – Tom Bunn
John Enright parkrun – Lorna Al-Ani
Great Birmingham 10k – Conor Murphy
Arden 9 – Guy Marston
Wyre Forest Half Marathon – Alison Price
Badgers Atherstone 10k – Rebecca Jones
Worcester City Half Marathon/10k – Suzanne Bunn
Great Birmingham Run (Half) – Fiona Barker
NICE 10k – Stewart Crowton
Sneyd Pudding Run – Kerry Oliver
Fladbury Festive 5 – Mike Woodall
Stourbridge Stagger – Jaeda GoodmanAnd in the overall points league:
3rd place: Guy Marston
Joint Winners: Lorna Al-Ani and Tom Bunn
- Each runners’ best six events count towards the series
- All runners receive 2 points for racing in a Teal Target event.
- The highest placed BvH runner (using runbritain rankings scoring) gets 10 extra points, the second 9 points and so on.
In order to be eligible for the Teal Targets Club Championship:
- All entrants must have been a member of BvH in the preceding year.
- All entrants must have a valid runbritain handicap score.
- All entrants must have their parkrun barcode linked to their runbritain handicap.
- All entrants must have completed 5 official runbritain races in the 12 months prior to the Teal Target event they have entered.
Photo courtesy of Pete Hickman