Isn’t it great to feel part of such a fantastic club? And don’t we all feel proud to wear our lovely teal vests and turn up to race with fellow BvHers? That feeling has lead to the new BvH initiative of ‘Teal targets’.
Why teal targets?
- Get to travel, warm up and race as a team which is fun and inspiring
- Meet more people in the club
- Good club turnout is a good advert for BvH
- More chance of winning team prizes
- Try races you wouldn’t have done otherwise
- Supporting other local clubs who put on races
- Opportunities for pub lunches or cafes after races!
We know we can’t possibly capture everybodys favourite races but we have tried to put together a selection of races to target which will provide something for everyone – the chance for pbs (personal bests) as well as pbs (pub beverages), road, multi-terrain, local races, a chance to try something new etc. etc.
The 2017/18 Teal Targets are below:
25th February – English National Cross Country Championships – http://www.englishcrosscountry.co.uk/category/news/
25th March: Midlands Road Relays – http://www.midlandathletics.org.uk/page17.html
30th April: Birmingham 10k – http://www.greatrun.org/great-birmingham-10k
3rd May Dudley Kingswinford 10k – http://www.dkrunningclub.co.uk/our-races/dk-10k/
25th June: Wythall & Hollywood 10K / 5K – http://www.wythall-hollywood-funrun.org.uk
9th July : Wyre Forest Trail Half Marathon – http://amazingfeet.co.uk/afrc-races/forest-trail-half
27th August: Badgers Atherstone 10k – http://www.badgersatherstone10k.co.uk
September (Date tbc): Waseley Wobbler – http://waseleywobbler.com/waseleywobbler.htm
15th October: Birmingham Marathon/Half Marathon – http://www.greatrun.org/great-birmingham-run
November (Date tbc): Midlands Counties 5/7 Mile Championships – http://www.midlandathletics.org.uk/75milexc.html
December (Date tbc): Sneyd Pudding Run – http://www.sneydstriders.org.uk/pudrun/Information.html
January (Date tbc): Not the Roman IX – http://www.runbritain.com/race/coventry-runner-not-the-roman-ix
February (Date tbc): Stourbridge Stagger – http://www.srclub.co.uk/index.php/stourbridge-stagger-stumble
The Teal Targets also count towards the Club Championship, which all BvH members are eligible to compete in:
The winners of the 2015/16 Teal Targets were:
Coventry Half Marathon: Jim Clarke
Ashby 20: Andy Hall
London Marathon: Andy Wheeler
John Enright parkrun: Andy Hall
Wythall & Hollywood 5/10k: Michael Greenhouse
Wyre Forest Trail Half: Simon Newman
Rowheath 5k: Richard Bayliss
Kenilworth Half: Nicola Mann
Great Birmingham Run: Jude Glynn
Conductive Education 10k: Steve Doswell
Sneyd Pudding Run: Nicola Morris
Not the Roman IX: TBC
And in the overall points league:
3rd place: Nicola Mann
2nd place: Andy Wheeler
Winner: Jude Glynn
- Each runners Top 6 events will count
- All runners received 2 points for racing in an Teal Target Event.
- The highest placed BvH runner (using runbritain rankings) gets 10 extra points, the second 9 points and so on.
In order to be eligible for the BvH Club Championship:
- All entrants must have been a member of BvH for the preceding twelve months.
- All entrants must have a valid runbritain handicap score.
- All entrants must have their parkrun barcode linked to their runbritain handicap.
- All entrants must have completed 5 official runbritain races in the 12 months preceding the Teal Target event they have entered.