On behalf of the BvH Committee, the Cadbury Club (the social club next to the Cadbury’s chocolate factory) has invited Bournville Harriers to come and try out their brand new changing facilities at the refurbished sports pavilion on Bournville Lane.
Club training on both Monday 31st January and Monday 7th February will therefore start from the Cadbury’s Sports Pavilion and NOT the Rowheath Pavilion.
The address is Cadbury Recreation Ground, Bournville Lane, Bournville, Birmingham. B30 3LU.
Please see the map below:
View Untitled in a larger map
Mike Scotney will be at the Rowheath Pavilion on Monday evening until 7.25pm to make sure those who do turn up to the Rowheath Pavilion are directed to the Cadbury’s Sports Pavilion
The running routes for these evenings will remain the same and announcements will at the usual time of 7.20pm, outside the changing rooms at pitch level.
You should aim to arrive a bit earlier so that you can familiarise yourself with the new surroundings.
Here is some useful information:
- There is plenty of parking situated behind the Cadbury Social Club, off Mary Vale Road. For those coming from the Rowheath Pavilion, the entrance to the car park is along Mary Vale Road opposite the working Men’s club, on the left hand side, just before Franklyn Way and James Gittins will be there to help.
- There is also limited parking along Bournville Lane, outside the Sports Pavilion and the Cadbury Club.
- The entrance to the changing rooms are located at the pitch level (below street level) of the Sports Pavilion.
- There are lockers available in the changing rooms (£1 refundable).
- There are hot and clean showers available for after your run.
We have also been invited to come and experience the Cadbury Social Club, after training, which is situated across the road from the Sports Pavilion. A complimentary free drink will be available to all members who choose to visit the social club, after training (you don’t have to use the showers to come to the social club), where committee members will be there to discuss any views you might have.
The website for the Cadbury Club is – www.cadbury-club.co.uk
We hope you will join us for this experience….