Marianne Hensman reports on a hot, hot race….
After many weeks of preparation – the Coventry Half was a hot race. Here are a few of the random thoughts that went through my head on the way round in order to take my mind off the heat:
- The ‘wet bandanna in the fridge overnight’ was a good idea…
- Until about 6 miles…
- Supersoakers and hose pipes on the route also good.
- That sunbathing lady’s bikini is a perfect shade of teal – must be the colour for the season
- I went to school in Coventry and was taught never to drop litter, and I’ve dropped 4 water bottles in the space of an hour…
- I’m glad I’m not running the Edinburgh marathon today like my brother is
- The words to the song ‘Don’t turn around’ by Aswad….
- It’s great to have both parents and in-laws cheering you on…
- What’s for lunch?
I finished in 1:36:03, a lot better than I anticipated at mile 3. Sara Roberts, a new club member also took part and did a great time of 1:43:22, on her first race for Bournville. I didn’t spot any other teal (apart from the bikini lady) but apologies if I missed any other club members.
That’s it now – no more half marathons for me.