Check out the latest club announcements, including an important update regarding your membership from Club Chairperson Rhian Littlewood on our YouTube channel, ‘Teal TV’: Click here to watch the video.
This week’s session, to be completed at any time, is from Sean Rose. A type of HIIT session but without the prolonged intensity. Please do not run if you fell unwell or if someone in your household is showing symptoms and please ensure you maintain a safe distance (at least 2 metres) from other pedestrians when out running.
- Think of a 2-3 mile circuit that incorporates a variety of hills. Ideally 2 to 3 with differing gradients
- Jog to your first hill (taking care to warm up) and put in a hard effort for 10-15 secs. Jog back down and then straight back up the hill with another effort of 10-15 secs.
- Jog back down and carry on to your next hill in an easy pace and so on.
- By the end of the circuit you will have run 2-3 miles and ran up 2-3 hills, putting in 4-6 hill efforts.
- Repeat the circuit. So your session in total will be 4-6 miles with 8-12 hill efforts spread out.
Share your runs on Strava and join the Bournville Harriers Strava Group; we’d also love to see your runfies on the club Facebook and you can tag @bvharriers on Twitter and Instagram. Have fun and stay safe!